30.12.13

Girls Talk: What Happened When I Went "Au Naturel"

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 2 years, There was a time in our relationship when i couldn't EVER let myself see him without make up. But now i'm so comfortable with him, and i don't even bother making myself up unless we're going out for a party or a dinner or something. The first time it happened, i remember he had said i looked "Different" but it was a good different. I mean....






Lol, so here's how it all started.

It was about 3 months into our relationship. We had just started dating, and i really wasn't comfortable yet. I might not look that awful without make up. I might look pretty good infact, I just wasn't ready to get THAT comfortable yet. We had just started dating, i didn't want him to run away now Lmao. So one day i was hanging with just him and his friends and they were just messing about as usual talking about how you can't even trust females these days, that there's everything of everything. How your girl can even have a fat nose but you won't know because of the whole "make up thing" Me, i was just laughing. Imagine, i was laughing. Me that my face was coevered with make up, i was still laughing. But what was i to do? Although, i was quiet. I didn't add any comments, i was just laughing. So was my boyfriend lol. They now turned to me, and said "you too you use make up?" "You want to lie?" Lmao, it was all banter really because everyone was just laughing but GOD I felt so uncomfortable, because there these boys were talking about how girls cover their faces with make up, and i was there with my own face covered with the same amount of make up they were saying was usually "too much" on girls. Me i just laughed, i didn't answer the question. Then one of them now said to my boyfriend "you two should shower together one day, then rub her face off with soap welllllllll" Everyone laughed at that, but not me..

It was paining mmmmmmmmmeee. But i was just like


You know how boys are now, they'd act like they don't care but they actually do, so they'd make a little side comment about it in the form of a joke. So as we were driving back home he was like "I'm sure you don't use that much make up" that one made me smile oh. But then he just had to say "but you don't use that much make up right?" that's when i figured what he's dumb single friends said ad gotten to him. I told him i didn't.

 I lied.

Although, i don't actually use that much make up. I usually just have mascara and foundation/powder on. When girls are busy contouring and highlighting their faces. And there i was feeling somehow.

so from that day i decided to go "Au naturel"
at the time i had just taken out my weave, so i had my natural hair out, so my going "Au naturel" for a little while" was going well. My boyfriend was supposed to be coming to my house that evening, so beforehand i had a few of my friends over. Just to chill. Honestly, I wanted their opinion on how i looked. I usually am not this insecure lol. It's just his friends that made me think. That day they were being so stupidly blunt. Talking about how their so sure no girl looks good without make up. And that that's why their faces are always covered. so dumb.

My "you can always count on me" friends didn't even show up till minutes before my boyfriend was supposed to show up too. When they had got there they told me he was downstairs with his friends. I was angry. What more did i need than his ignorant friends to tell me how i looked like i had serious malaria. I was questioning my decision to look natural. I finally decided to go downstairs.

One of my friends was now like "why are you looking like this?" Lol, that just made me feel like shit. But then she was just messing with me considering my friends have seen me at my worst.

so well, to not make this long. Remember at the beginning when i said the first time it happened he had said i looked a "Good different" yeah, this was that time. We've been together a long time now, and i love him so much :D I just decided to say that cause i'm going to make him read this lol.


and yes, his friends teased me still.

but i was like




Lol, thanks if you feature this x

*                                                      *                                                                      *

Lol, loved this so much i had to ask a few girls.. "Ever decided to go to a party, or any event without make up? or has your #1 ever seen you au naturel? (no weaves, no makeup)"


"Lol what is make up? I've never actually made myself up well because the fact of looking so glamorous and pretty and then having to wash it all off and then having to look back at your plain self in the mirror is heartbreaking. It can lower your self esteem in fact"

"My boyfriend sees me without make up all the time"

"I don't really wear make up all the time. But i've never not worn make up to an event or party. AH their usually cameras around now. Can't allow that"

"is wearing just foundation make up? cause that's all I do" 

"so what if you wear make up all the time? Of course i wear make up to events. You don't see all these celebrities on the red carpet going au naturel."

"I love putting on make up and making other people up. It's magical. Being able to turn a 'not so pretty' face into a million dollar face."

"Wake up, wake up, gotta get this paper, get this cake up. Gotta do my hair, gotta put on makeup"

"Make up is king. Miss me with that "I'm going au naturel" bs"

"I don't wear that much make up. I'm plain 87% of the time. And yeah, i can go to a party without make up, If i'm in a relationship lol. If i'm single? nah you never know who you'd meet ;) "

"boys like making such a big deal over girls who use make up. Always saying they want their babes plain. Like you'd approach the plain girl in a club over the gorgeous long haired girl in a tight dress. Yes, if you're au naturel you wouldn't be wearing tight dresses now, right? in my books, au naturel is nude. I expect a girl who says she's going au naturel to be in plain jeans and a plain t shirt with normal hair and a plain face. Your typical plain jane."


                                                                                  *
you can also find this in the link above titled 'Our Little secret'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow